March 22, 2010, (Sampurn Wire):Seems like the tides have turned and its pretty lady Priyanka Chopra’s turn to cheer for her father! She recently launched her father, Ashok Chopra’s album. Titled ‘Haal Mureedan Da Kehna’, this one is a devotional music album.


At the event, a visibly excited Priyanka said, “It has always been the other way around, when my father has cheered for me, supported me when I was down and clapped when I achieved success. Today, doing it for him makes me feel really proud!”


Ashok Chopra, a cosmetic surgeon from Mumbai, has sung verses from the Guru Granth Sahib. The album has been produced by Saregama India Ltd. Whilst talking to the media, he said, “I’m very happy that I’m able to launch this album today. It certainly wouldn’t have been possible without all the love and blessings showered upon me.


The President of the World Punjabi Association (WPO), Vikramjit S. Sawhney who heads the Sun Foundation, a charitable institution hosted the event.


Ashok Chopra also has initiated the ‘Save The Girl Child’ campaign and Priyanka unveiled a special poster on the cause. She also delivered a special message on the cause. She said, “When I watched this documentary, I felt – ‘What if I was unwanted by my parents? I wouldn’t be here at all, my achievements would be nothing. I think it’s time people start having the belief that a girl can be as much successful if not more than a boy…A girl is as precious as any boy,’ said Priyanka, who looked elegant in a baby pink anarkali suit.


- Sampurn Wire



0 comments
Post a Comment :