February 19, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Ad-man Vijay Lalwani has turned filmmaker with ‘Karthik Calling Karthik’. Although, things have fallen in place for this director so far considering a big break coming his way, but he too had his shares of inhibitions in the beginning. Let’s hear from the horses’ mouth.


Ask him about his first day of shoot for his first-ever Bollywood film, and he exclaims, “I always aspired to be a filmmaker but knew that I would not be able to get through so easily. Advertising became my first step to achieve that goal. So, on the first day of shoot which co-incidentally happened to be April 1- April fool’s day; I was scared whether my dream has really come true or is someone fooling around with me.”


Well, all’s well that ends well. Now that Vijay Lalwani’s film is all set to release with fine actors like Farhan Akhtar and Deepika Padukone, his dream has finally come true.


-Esha Razdan/ Sampurn Wire



0 comments
Post a Comment :