February 22, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Lyrists Guru Thakur made the Marathi music industry dance on his words with sensational poetry in films like ‘Me Shivaji Raje Bhosle Boltoy’ and ‘Natarang’. Guru also commands respect for penning down some beautiful touchy lyrics like, ‘Mann Udhan Varayache’ (Aga Bai Arechya!) and ‘Apsara Ali’ (Natarang) and many more great writings. But not many know that the bard was once a wannabe actor!


When asked Guru about his acting stint in ‘Natarang’, he says, “I was not aware about the role in the movie. I was working on the dialogues of Natarang and was suggesting names for essaying a particular role. But once, out-of-the-blue the director told me to grow a beard, as I was going to essay a role in the film!”


“It came as a surprise to me as initially I was not ready to do the role. But then the director told me that my look would be so transformed that no one would recognize me. On a lighter note he added that anyways I am not popular as an actor so might as well I do the bit-part!” chortles the modest lyricist.


Guru continues in the same breath, “Though I feel I was underestimated as after seeing my acting, many well-known biggies from the film industry called me up to congratulate me for acting, apart from writing. This, I believe is a positive sign for me to take my acting seriously!”


-Tejashree Bhopatkar/ Sampurn Wire



0 comments
Post a Comment :